- 5Sanctuary MedicinalsTangerine Cookies Verified Liquid Shatter CartridgeSativa
- 4CultivateSeattle Soda Full Spectrum Distillate CartridgeIndica
- 4.5CultivateChemdawg Distillate CartridgeHybrid
- 5Sanctuary MedicinalsJolly Bean Liquid Shatter CartridgeSativa
- Good NewsBrunch Disposable Vape PenHybrid
- 5ApexOriginal Glue Distillate CartridgeHybrid
- 5Sanctuary MedicinalsSuper Critical Liquid Shatter CartridgeIndica
- Sanctuary MedicinalsStrawberry Cough Distillate CartridgeSativa85.4% THC*
- ApexGrape Ape Distillate CartridgeIndica
- 5Sanctuary MedicinalsPineapple Distillate CartridgeHybrid
- Pioneer ValleyTropical Trainwreck Inspired Distillate CartridgeSativa
- 5In HouseTupelo Honey Disposable VapeHybrid
- Pioneer ValleyMango Super Silver Haze Inspired CartridgeSativa
- Sanctuary MedicinalsFlapjacks Liquid8 Distillate CartridgeIndica
- Good NewsMe Time Disposable Vape PenIndica
- CultivateAmherst Sour Diesel Distillate CartridgeSativa
- 5ApexMaster Kush Distillate CartridgeIndica
- 5O.Pen VapeNorthern Lights Daily Strains Distillate CartridgeIndica
- Northeast AlternativesStrawnana CartridgeHybrid
- CultivateTropicana Cookies Distillate CartridgeSativa
- Sanctuary MedicinalsPurple Trainwreck Liquid Shatter CartridgeHybrid
- CultivateSpace Candy Distillate Disposable Vape PenHybrid
- OrigynLava Cake Sauce Disposable Vape PenHybrid
- 4.5CultivateBlack Mamba Full Spectrum Distillate CartridgeIndica
ALL ABOUT VAPES
Vapes, also known as vape cartridges and pods, are concentrated cannabis oils that you inhale as vapor using an electronic vape pen or battery. Unlike concentrates, which rely on conductive heating, vapes are activated by convective heating — the electronic device heats the air around the oil to extract the THC into vapor. While newer to the world of cannabis consumption, vapes have grown in popularity due to their simplicity, convenience, and minimal odor.
EXTRACTION TYPES & POTENCY
Vape oils are distinguished from another based on their method of extraction. Live resin, CO2 oil, and distillate are all solvent-based extractions — each uses a different chemical compound process to strip the cannabinoids from the plant. Alternatively, rosin is a solventless extraction. It extracts the concentrate through a physical process of heat and pressure. When it comes to the different types of vape oils, it’s important to note that their potency ranges are an approximation and not set values — THC levels may vary based on the dispensary and brand.
Live resin is extracted by flash-freezing and processing live cannabis flower using a butane or propane solvent. As opposed to curing flower—which degrades the plant’s aromatic compounds—freezing freshly-harvested flower preserves its aroma. Live resin is known to have a fuller flavor profile and a lower potency at around 45 or 50 percent THC.
Rosin can be thought of as the solventless version of life resin. Instead of using a solvent to squeeze the cannabinoids from the plant, it uses heat and pressure. Rosin is often regarded as the superior option for medical and palliative purposes due to the elimination of these chemical compounds. Rosin can be more potent than resin at around 70 to 90 percent THC.
CO2 oil is created by running a CO2 fluid solvent through the dried and cured cannabis plant. It maintains modest levels of the flower’s natural flavor and aroma, and can range between 50 and 70 percent THC concentration.
Distillate is made through a multi-stage extraction process that takes previously concentrated CO2 oil and refines it further via distillation. With 80 to 90 percent THC it’s known to be more concentrated than its solvent-based counterparts, with less flavor and aromatic compounds.
ONSET & DURATION
When vaporizing THC oil, the effects kick in instantaneously and can last anywhere from a half hour to three hours depending on your dose and tolerance.
In order to vape you need a vape pen or battery. These rechargeable electronic devices are often sold separately than the pre-filled cartridges, and come with an on/off button and multiple heat settings. Many dispensaries also sell disposable pens and batteries, which come with pre-attached cartridges that do not need to be turned on or charged.
WEIGHTS & QUANTITIES
Vape cartridges and pods usually come in .5 or 1 gram chambers, which will each typically yield around 150 and 300 puffs respectively. A ‘puff’ is generally considered to be about 3-5mg, but it will always depend on the length of your inhale, the heat setting on your vape, and the potency of the cannabis oil.