- TopicasLavender Massage Oil
- Mary's MedicinalsTransdermal 1:1 Patch*
- 612 StudiosPurient Plus Lubricant
- CodaSoothe 2:1:1 SalveCBD*
- Chill Medicated1:1 Extreme Body RubCBD*
- Profound NaturalsBody ButterCBD
- Theory Wellness1:1 Muscle Lotion Extra StrengthCBD*
- The Healing RoseGrapefruit Eucalyptus Lip BalmCBD25mg CBD*
- The Healing RoseBlood Orange Mint Lip BalmCBD25mg CBD*
- Escape Artists1:1 Lavender Topical CreamCBD*
- Escape Artists20:1 Relief Cream (Menthol)CBD
- Escape Artists20:1 Relief Cream (Lavender)CBD
- Escape Artists1:1 Relief Cream Unscented
- AliviarSport 2:1 CreamCBD
- CodaCalm Bath Bomb 1:1 (Single)Hybrid*
- CannaPunchWrangler's Relief Body BalmCBD*
- Escape ArtistsRose & Bergamot Potency Relief Cream 1:1CBD*
- Profound NaturalsWax StickCBD
- Escape ArtistsPro Sport Recover Cream 20:1CBD
- Mary's MedicinalsCBG Transdermal Patch
- The Healing RosePeppermint Spice & Ginger CBD SalveCBD600mg CBD*
- ForiaIntimacy Natural CBD LubricantCBD
- ForiaRelief CBD SuppositoryCBD
- Nordic GoddessTHC Cooling Body Balm
ALL ABOUT TOPICALS
Topicals are cannabis-infused balms, oils, lotions, and salves that are used on the body for relief of pain, soreness, and inflammation. Unlike other cannabis products, topicals are non-psychoactive — the skin absorbs the cannabis compounds locally without any mind-altering effects. Because topicals are non-intoxicating, they’re a great choice for those who want to enjoy the therapeutic benefits of cannabis without any cerebral activity.
POTENCY, ONSET & DURATION
When you use cannabis-infused topicals, the cannabinoids bind directly to receptors in your skin, muscles, and nerves for localized relief. The effects of topicals are anecdotal — sometimes they can be felt right away, other times they can take hours, and some report feeling no noticeable changes or relief.
Like all topical treatments, cannabis topicals come in an endless variety of styles, packaging, and sizes. Though topicals don’t have psychoactive properties, brands will still identify the THC to CBD ratio in each product’s formula as the compounds work with different binding sites in the body. Most topicals have a 1:1 CBD to THC ratio which allows the cannabinoids to work synergistically and provide the greatest therapeutic effect.
Topicals are usually broken down into three main categories — skincare; bath soaks and bombs; and salves, roller balls, and balms. In addition to their natural cannabinoid content, these products often use other ingredients that aid in pain and inflammation relief such as menthol, peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender, shea, coconut, and jojoba.